Laser printers go to a maximum print size of A3+, if you have a print requirement larger than this you need to look at inkjet. Epson offers the best range of professional Inkjet printers, Epson 4880 - A2+, Epson 7880 – A1+, Epson 9880 - B0+, Epson 11880 – 64”. These are the professional inkjet printer range from Epson and are often used by photographers, graphic design companies, marketing departments, architects, artists, print bureaus, etc.
Oki offers an A3 laser printer which can print on oki banner paper giving an A3 wide, 3 ft long print. Perfect for sales forecasts, year planners, posters etc.
- Inkjet printers generally offer a higher quality print image than laser printers. If you require the best quality photo prints you should look to inkjet.
- Inkjets are much more expensive to run than laser.
- Inkjets can often print on more than just paper; Epson large format printers will print on canvas, fine-art papers, banner materials, flag, cotton, plastic, board, waterproof paper and many more medias. We supply all medias and will gladly send out media samples to you.
- Laser printers can generally only print on laser paper.
- Inkjet printers are much slower than laser for multiple prints.
- Laser printers are capable of printing good quality photos, inkjets just offer that “real photo” look that cannot be achieved with laser.
We offer a comprehensive range of Large Format Epson Medias, Hahnemuhle Fine Art Papers, Epson Canvas and compatible Inkjet Canvas all for printing on with Epson and other large format printers.
Laser printers are faster, more professional, cheaper to run and more productive than any office inkjet printer. Laser printers will allow a user to produce high quality, professional looking fast prints at a low cost (in comparisson to an office inkjet printer). Inkjet printers are often marketed as being able to print up to 30 pages per minute, anyone with prior knowledge of inkjet will know this is a huge exageration. Printing on inkjet is much slower than laser, especially if you are printing anything with images, solid colours or multiple pages.
Colour laser printers have now reached a sensible price point and demand for colour lasers is now higher than ever. We are finding that colour laser printers are not exclusive to business users, the home user market has now realised the benfits of laser over inkjet and colour lasers are now regularly found in homes throughout the UK.